Planet Organic Sage 12g
Sage is another Mediterranean herb and is primarily used when cooking poultry. Organic sage should be used lightly as it can overpower a recipe.
Health Benefits of Sage:
Antioxidants are the primary source of the health benefits of sage. Like rosemary, another member of the mint family, sage contains a variety of antioxidants — in the form of volatile oils, flavonoids and phenolic acids. Sage also contains antioxidant enzymes, including superoxide dismutase (SOD) and peroxidase. When combined, these components of sage all give it a unique capacity for providing benefits associated with the top antioxidant foods.
Sage has been used for hundreds of years to treat all kinds of ailments. It was particularly popular in 19th century French medicine but is still used today by many people who prefer to cure themselves with herbal medicines.
Below is a list describing how sage can be used as a medicine and how it can benefit one's health:
- It has recently been proven that taking sage can improve and enhance one's memory.
- Sage contains rosmarinic acid, which acts as an anti-inflammatory within the body.
- Sage is a powerful antioxidant, protecting cells from being damaged by oxidation and forming cancerous cells.
- Prepare a little sage tea and use it to gargle with in order to relieve a sore throat and any mouth infections.
- Sage may help people with diabetes.
- Women suffering from excessive sweating due to the menopause should try drinking sage tea several times a day.
- Sage can help to regulate menstruation and is good for all female gynaecological problems.
- Clary sage is said to ease anxiety and relieve stress and depression.
- Sage is said to help with allergies.
- Sage is also a digestive and can aid digestion, particularly the digestion of rich, fatty foods.
- Sage may help ease colds, coughs and excess mucous.
- If gargled it may reduce bad breath.
- Sage has antiseptic properties, which can treat cuts and sores if prepared as a wash.
- If used as a hair rinse, it has been said that sage will reduce hair loss and darken the colour.
- Certified Organic
- GMO Free
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- No Fillers
- No Additives
- Economy Pack
- Suitable for Vegetarians & Vegans
Certified by ACO