The warmer weather is finally here, and that means so are the delicious stone and tropical fruits too! I've been trying to cut back on my indulgent sweet treats lately, and felt like something tropical and sweet, so whipped this delicious pudding up in less then 10 minutes. Well, I had to wait a while for the chia to soak in all the liquids so it was more like a few hours, but STILL!! This was just delicious! Toasting the coconut gave the usually mushy chia pudding texture and a whole new level of flavour!
This chia pudding is 100% vegan and gluten free, making it ideal for those of us who have food intolerances. Chia is a nutritional powerhouse, high in omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, and antioxidants, too!
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes
- Combine chia seeds, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract and almond milk in a small container. Whisk to combine. Let sit for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Toast coconut flakes lightly in an oiled pan, until edges begin to brown. Be sure to keep an eye on the coconut as they can burn very quickly!
- Cut up mango. In a glass, layer your chia pudding with blueberries, coconut and mango.
- Sit back and enjoy!
This is honestly one of my favourite chia pudding recipes to date! Let me know what your favourite recipe is below!